Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Striped Mesh Stitch Blanket

The mesh stitch is a very easy stitch to do with fantastic results. I like that both sides of the blanket look the same. There is no right side or wrong side, except for the shell border, but that doesn't matter at all. 

(and I'm so excited to share this pattern, I haven't blocked this blanket yet, so the pictures are of the blanket fresh off the hook. It will be taking a bath soon, but I couldn't wait to share.)


So here is what I did to make this blanket. 

First, the yarn. This is Isaac Mizrahi brand from Michael's stores in the U.S. It is a "3" weight yarn. 

Hook: I used an "H" size hook, but that doesn't mean you have too. It depends on your own personal tension. Practice with a size up or down to see what you think. 

Size: This blanket is about 30 X 30 and four skeins of yarn was plenty, two in princess, two in castle. (That's what Isaac named his colors) (Basically, pink and grey)




Pattern: US terms

Make a chain as long as you'd like in multiples of 2.

Row 1: 1 sc into 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next ch, 1 sc into next ch* repeat * to the end, turn.

Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into first sc, *ch 1, 1 sc into next sc* repeat * to the end, turn.

Repeat row two 4 more times, then change colors. 

Repeat row 2 six times, then change colors again. 

Each block of colors is six rows. 

Here's a tip: leave your tails hanging and weave in later, it helps you to know when you've reached the sixth row. I had a hard time distinguishing how many rows I had made. But having the tails out, was an easy marker, they should all be on one side of the blanket. 

Edge: 

Sc around the entire blanket two times. I stitched into the sc, and ch spaces and on the sides I put one stitch per row. I also did extra sc around the corners. 

Shell: 1sc, *skip next sc, 5 dc into next sc, skip next sc, 1 sc into next sc,* repeat *to the end.

As always, leave me a comment if you have a question, or this pattern doesn't make sense to you and I will help you as much as possible. 

Also, tag me on instagram if you attempt this project! I'd love to see!! I'm @daisyfarmcrafts and use #daisyfarmcrafts for a hashtag so others can see too!  

With love,

Tiffany

3 comments:

  1. I really love this one, beautifull
    You make such a lovely things, I' ll start following your blog
    Manon

    ReplyDelete