Friday, July 8, 2016

Gray and Yellow bobble and mesh stitch blanket


Made with 100% cotton and 100% love. I can't stop holding this blanket and hope the baby that eventually is cuddled up in this feels warm and happy. 


Materials: 

"I love this cotton" brand from Hobby Lobby. Don't have Hobby Lobby? The cotton is 3.5 oz / 100g medium weight "4"

H hook

I used about 4 skeins of white, 2 buttercup, 2 dove, I think, I'm sorry I didn't keep track, but please buy more than you need to make sure you have enough. This cotton is great for washcloths so you could do something extra. 

Pattern: (USA terms)

Chain in a series of 4 to your desired length. I like to make baby blankets between 32 and 36 inches. So, however many chains you make, make that number divisible by 4.

ROW 1: (Mesh stitch rows) In second chain from hook, sc, ch 1, skip next ch, sc in next ch, repeat across. ch1 turn.

ROW 2: sc into sc of previous row, ch 1, sc in next sc of previous row,  repeat across.

ROW 3-6: Repeat row 2. 

ROW 7: (Bobble row) sc in first sc, ch 1, *dc3tog in next sc space, ch 1, sc in next sc of previous row, ch 1*, repeat ** across. ch1 turn

ROW 8: *Sc in first sc, ch 1, sc into top of bobble stitch, ch 1*, repeat * across

ROW 9: Bobble Row, repeat instructions for row 7.

(I chose to do 3 rows of bobble stitches) 

Then do 6 rows of mesh stitch in between your next rows of bobble stitches and start getting creative. Use your own color changes and ideas of how you want your blanket to look like. 

Tips, the bobble row will always be done so the bobbles pop out on the right side. There is a right side and wrong side to this blanket. You'll know you might have done one too many rows of mesh stitch if your bobbles are popping out the wrong way. Always to a row of mesh stitch in between the bobble stitch row so that you are doing them on the right side, hope that makes sense.

In the rows that I did alternating buttercup and dove bubble stitches, I did a row of white mesh stitch. Again, play around with what you like. 

I finished the blanket by going around the entire blanket with a mesh stitch and three sc into each corner. 

(a bobble stitch can be 5dctog, but sort of looks more popcorn to me, and with the yarn I chose, 3dctog, seemed to be just enough.) 

Good luck! Follow me on Instagram @daisyfarmcrafts and see what other baby blankets I come up with, I share all my patterns. Also, feel free to pin this to pinterest! I love sharing! 

With love,

Tiffany




No comments:

Post a Comment